Altrincham and District Athletics Club operates through a team of volunteers. Roles include marshals at events, coaches, people who organise teams and events, members of the committee and officials at track and field meetings. We are always looking for people to get involved, please consider volunteering if you are:
– a current athlete and can help occasionally
– a parent of a junior athlete
– a former athlete who would like to give back to the club
– a partner or family member of a senior athlete
– someone interested in encouraging healthy lifestyles.
Here are some of the events you can get involved in:
5K road race series:
Events: At 7:15pm on Thursday 26 May & 16 June at Dunham Massey, Altrincham WA14 4SJ.
Help is required from 5pm but other roles are not required until 7pm. You can help at one of these events, you don’t need to do both.
- Parking stewards
- Course set up (setting out cones/direction signs/finish funnel)
- Entries on the night (collecting money, handing out numbers & safety pins)
- Entering and managing entries/results on a laptop
- Course marshals directing runners on the correct route (only required during the race from 7pm to 8pm)
- Finish funnel team (timekeepers, recording finishers, marshals)
Can you help? If so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or see Mansel Pope at the track any Tuesday evening.
Track & field:
Altrincham and District Athletic Club athletes compete in the following leagues:
- Youth Development League (Lower and Upper age groups)
- North of England Track & Field League
Volunteers are URGENTLY needed to help at these events. Anyone can help, no qualification is required (although the club offers funding for training on England Athletics courses, if you wish to gain qualifications).
- As part of a team for each field activity (the events take under an hour to complete and you will know in advance the time of the event)
- Assisting with raking long jump/triple jump pits
- Retrieving shots/hammer/javelin/discus
- Assisting with setting the bar for high jump/pole vault
- Setting up the runway for triple jump
- If you wish to train as a track official you can gain experience in starting and timing/recording track events.
Youth Development League (under 13 & under 15 athletes):
8 May Treborth track, Bangor, LL56 4RQ
21 May Sports Village, Leigh, WN7 4JY
3 July Longford Park, Stretford, M21 9TA
30 July Queensway Stadium, Wrexham, LL13 8UH
Youth Development League (under 17 & under 20 athletes):
The club does not currently need to provide volunteers at these events.
North of England League (under 17, under 20 and senior athletes):
12 June Queensway Stadium, Wrexham, LL13 8UH
10 July Cleavley track, Eccles, M30 8HY
6 August Macclesfield track, SK10 4AF
Are you interested? Please contact via this link or see John Snape or Alison Vesey at the track on Tuesdays.
Schools cross country league:
More information will be provided later in the year. Altrincham and District Athletics Club hosts cross country events for local junior schools at John Leigh Park, Altrincham WA14 4EG
Help is required from 8am to set the course and from 9:30am to marshal races. No previous experience is necessary.